Software and hardware certification
In order to conclude whether security software and hardware products fulfill their intended requirements there must a thorough evaluation, or certification, conducted by an independent and licensed laboratory. Such is the case in Russia, where sensitive information ranging from personal data to state-classified information, must be guarded using only endorsed security software and hardware.
NPO "Echelon" is a leading organization in evaluation and certification. Licensed by the Russian Federal Security Services, the Russian Ministry of Defense and the Russian Federal Service for Technical and Export Control, Echelon provides a whole host of security evaluation and licensing facilities.
NPO "Echelon" provides a full range of security evaluation services, determining conformity with the latest security industry best practices, including:
- the protection against unauthorized access;
- the absence of non-declared functionality (malicious code, logical bombs, etc.);
- the approved protection profiles based on GOST R ISO/IEC 15408;
- the evaluation of technical conditions.
The NPO "Echelon" team has evaluated more than 500 different security related products, including:
- antivirus solutions: TrendMicro, VirusBlokAda, Symantec, Dr.Web 4.xx, 5.0, 6.0, Stocona Professional Antivirus 3.1, Kaspersky Antivirus and ESET Nod32 Platinum Pack 4.0;
- firewall solutions: CheckPoint Firewall-1/VPN-1, Check Point UTM-1 Edge, ESET NOD32 Firewall, Nortel, Cisco PIX, Cisco ASA and Eudemon;
- vulnerability assessment solutions: Xspider and MaxPatrol;
- security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products: NetForensics;
- operating Systems: Trustverse Linux XP Desktop 2008 Secure Edition, Astra Linux Special Edition;
- database management systems: Firebird, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server;
- network equipment: Nortel, Huawei, Avaya.
NPO "Echelon" services can be employed globally (e.g. when reviewing source code). We have provided onsite services for companies based in the USA, Israel, China and Germany.
The NPO "Echelon" team is deeply involved in the research and development of security appraisals and has had numerous publications in the field. Our training centre annually delivers an exclusive training programme on the information security evaluation procedure.